The Global Citizens’ Initiative
People around the world are invited to submit creative videos, promoting the practice of global citizenship. Viral videos and social media reaches populations from all parts of the globe, and we want to see everyone’s stories about how people around the planet can work together to solve world problems, such as human rights, the environment, poverty alleviation, and conflicts between countries.
We need your help to show that people can join hands and build a sustainable and peaceful world community. It is communities like yours that can contribute to this global commitment of a shared planet.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
Individuals and community groups can support these efforts by submitting a video of activities that focus on the importance of people working together to solve problems that confront the whole world. Themes may include: human rights, environmental protection, prevention of conflict, sustainable economic development, poverty alleviation, elimination of weapons of mass destruction, and everything in between!
A winner will be selected for a chance to win a Kindle Fire, and an invitation to present their video at a conference at Harvard University.
The following steps can be taken to begin your commitment to being apart of a world community:
1) Join our Facebook community!
· Like us on Facebook: The Global Citizens Initiative
2) Make your Video!
· Any theme/activity can be organized, be it big or small, just make sure to record it all.
· Themes should reflect your opinions and perspectives on global issues
3) Submit your Video!
· Read the Terms of Agreement
· Upload your video to MediaFire
· Send an email to email@example.com including the link to your video, along with a completed Entry Form
Thank you for your time, and please share this global message to anyone who may be interested!